Monday, September 8, 2008

Society





Today two harpists and a sometime-weaver came knocking. It's always a good surprise to see who travels out to my out-of-the-way studio. I like not knowing if the next person to visit will be someone I've never met before, or a very close friend. Keeping a little store and an open workshop is my ideal situation--I'm never lonesome, & often inspired by the people I meet and the stories they tell me.

After my visitors left, I locked up and went to town to visit with my good friends, the formidable weavers and spinners at Kindred Threads cooperative studio. Carole just made a long, heavy, luxurious krokbragd rug, and Angela wove this tencel & bamboo, hand-dyed scarf, which became the victim of our spontaneous photo shoot. It was very seductive, and we already had our cameras out.

Brrrrr. It's cold here tonight. Think socks.

1 comment:

James Bond said...

Useful info. Hope to see more good posts in the future.
wool rugs