Saturday, October 11, 2008

wax and wool




Though masses of Asian lady beetles (false lady bugs) have come flying in to plague us, it is still a great pleasure to print a new batch of wax bags for the store, and labels for rugs and scarves. I have been weaving my winter rugs with the new blanket wool, in the hushed palette of blue gray, mushroom, gray, cocoa brown and olive. Also a few of the short scarves with the simple yarn warp. The yards of spool knitted cord I made last winter have come in to use now as keepers to tuck the scarf into so it stays snug around your neck. Each scarf is lined with cotton velveteen, this one is a dotted gray. This scarf reminds me of the West Fork (the river that runs through Avalanche). It is a trout stream, so this is a trout scarf.

1 comment:

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

I'm so excited to see more of your rugs! Like I said on Flickr, your tags look really nice and I love that scarf!