Friday, November 12, 2010

SNO-CRUSH


SNO-CRUSH, my first All-Textile (and some Wooden Bowls) Show, starts here on Nov 20, 10 - 5,  and continues through Dec 31.   SNO-CRUSH (think Avalanche, think Crush on Color, Crush on Design, Crush on Textiles, Crush on Artists) came into my mind late this summer.  An All-Textile exhibit of the work of design weavers, knitters, spinners and seamers, here in my store.  I don't know why it took me so long to think of doing it. 

I invite you to join us here on Saturday, Nov 20, the opening day of the show.  I'll be serving coffee and biscuits that day, and showing the work of eight inspirational artists creating with imagination and skill in weave, knit, and sewn seams, yarn, cloth, color, texture and design.  Also showing, a singular wooden bowl turner, whose work looks right in this company.  The show continues through December.  I'll be saying a little more about each of the artists in the next few days. 
  

15 comments:

annie said...

sno-crush! i love it. i wish i could come to the opening. have a wonderful time! it sounds like it's going to be a splendid show...! --annie (aaker... just in case.)

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Wish I was in the area to come visit! I bet it will be smashing :)

Susan said...

Annie and Brittany, I wish you would come, too. I think people in general are becoming more aware of textile inspiration in our clothing and surroundings. I want to make a show for good, contemporary textile art--to inspire us, to create interest and desire

Ursula said...

...and another one that wishes she could be there! I think that this is a great idea and will be a beautiful show.

novembergrass said...

Wish I was there... a wonderful idea.

Susan said...

I hope I'll have some nice pictures to post of it, once it's installed.

Sofie said...

It's weird to think that just a year ago I could have walked over to the opening. Sigh.

ALL said...

YAY! SNO-CRUSH! Wish I could be there too, will visit a week late instead.

Kathryn said...

Sounds like it will be a great show! Glad to see more textile appreciation out there finally! Can't wait to see pics!

Susan said...

I've never curated and set up a show like this before, and I hope I can make it mysterious, and beautiful.
If I fall short, at least there will be lovely coffee and fancy biscuits. Wish each of you could be here!

Velma Bolyard said...

well, i got your card, susan, and wish i could be there! as my theater friend ed said to me before my exhibit, break a leg!

Susan said...

Velma, I wonder if my root canal will work the charm!
Wish you could be here.

Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

Susan, I would truly love to attend! Wish I were nearby. Enjoy! (And please post photos!)

Debbie Pavick said...

I am crushed (!) I can not make it. Hope to stop by in December.

Susan said...

Gloria, I wish you could be here, too. This has been an amazingly fun thing to do

Debbie, I'm crushed, too. But, will survive. If you do get a chance, the show will be here until the end of Dec