Thursday, August 12, 2010

sophisticate

I'm a storekeeper here, so I wrap up presents. I do love to wrap gifts.   The wrapping should entice, and excite curiosity. It should be quick, and made out of something of little value, the gift inside is the prize.   Here is a slim, sophisticate (a person with much worldly experience and knowledge of fashion and culture) poppy doll, wearing a chopsticks wrapper shift.  Her heels are made of Japanese washi paper tape, her arms Finnish string.  Her face is pasted on from an Asian market die cut paper in my shoe box of stuff.

She has a  breezy attitude, like the recipient of the gift.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Clearly I need to make a special trip out to WI just to visit your shop. That is amazing!

Debbie Pavick said...

how darling!

Marion B. said...

So cute.

Susan said...

Heidi, if you're ever on the way to....Mount Rushmore?
please stop in. I'm glad you like her

Deb, you like the shoes?

Marion B, thanks